“While every day, America's trucking companies, safety directors, technicians and drivers are working hard to deliver all of the most essential goods, there are some extraordinary individuals who rise above the rest,” ATA President and CEO Bill Graves said. “We honor and appreciate these individuals who this year have inspired us and provided shining examples of professionalism and dedication to follow. While we’re proud of the efforts of all our members and their employees, these champions have gone above and beyond in their commitment to safety and professionalism.”
The award winners recognized by ATA were:
• Don Logan, a FedEx Freight driver from Topeka, Kan., 2012 Bendix National Truck Driving Championships Grand Champion, sponsored by Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems, LLC;
• 2012 Technology and Maintenance Council SuperTech Grand Champion Christopher Barnett, a technician with Ryder System, Hebron, Ky.;
• Ronald Fuller, a Dallas-based driver for Central Freight Lines, 2012 National Truck Driver of the Year, sponsored by Custard Insurance Adjusters;
• Robert Petrancosta, safety director with Con-way Freight, Ann Arbor, Mich., 2012 National Safety Director of the Year, sponsored by Great West Casualty Company; and
• The National Safety Professional Award of Excellence, sponsored by Meritor WABCO, is a first time award designed to pay tribute to those dedicated and accomplished safety professionals who contribute greatly to the success of their motor carrier’s safety programs and experience, but who do not hold the highest safety title within their company. The following three leaders are recipients of the National Safety Professional Award of Excellence:
• James Ransom, CDS, Director of Safety, Boyd Brothers Transportation, Inc., Clayton, Ala.
• David Guess, CDS, Usher Transport, Louisville, Ky.
Tom DiSalvi, CDS, Schneider National Carriers, Green Bay, Wis.