The 13-member board also elected Phil Shook, director of Intermodal operations at C.H. Robinson Worldwide, as IANA’s 2013 vice chairman and Don Aiken, vice president of Intermodal Operations at Schneider National, Inc., as Treasurer. Shook has been an active IANA board member for four years, serving on the Association’s Scholarship and Bylaws Committees. Akin, in his second year on the board, is a member of the Policy and Intermodal Expo Planning Committees. He also chaired a board task force on pre-trip equipment inspections.
“I look forward to working with Barry, Phil, and Don in their new leadership roles,” said Joni Casey, IANA president and CEO. “Their wealth of diverse industry experience will be extremely beneficial to the Association.”
Re-elected to the board for three-year terms are Kevin Lhotak, president of Reliable Transportation Specialists, and Michael Wilson, sr. vice president at Hamburg Sud North America. They will be joined by continuing board members:
• Jordan Ayers, managing director, Quest Capital Group, LLC
• Jeffrey Brashares, senior vice president, Sales & National Accounts, TTS, LLC
• William Clement, vice president, Intermodal, CSX Transportation
• Robert Huffman, vice president, Intermodal Operations, Norfolk Southern Corp.
• Jenny Johnson, vice president, Intermodal Support Services, Inc.
• Frank Sonzala, executive vice president, Pressure Systems International, Inc.
• Patrick Valentine, director, Safety & Regulatory Issues, Direct ChassisLink, Inc.