AJOT Digital Edition
Issue #592

Cover of issue-592.png

Breakbulk Quarterly

3PL Quarterly

View Issue #592 Now!

2014 Media Kit

Ports & Terminals

Page 235 of 257 pages ‹ First  < 233 234 235 236 237 >  Last ›

Clean Truck fee collection delayed

AJOT | November 16, 2008 | Ports & Terminals

Collection of the Clean Truck Fee at the ports of Long Beach and Los Angeles will not begin Monday, November 17, as previously scheduled. More time is needed to complete ongoing discussions between Federal Maritime Commission staff and West Coast marine t Read More »

Cargotec strengthens service network in Italy

AJOT | November 12, 2008 | Ports & Terminals

Cargotec’s Kalmar business area providing container handling solutions has acquired 80% of two Italian service companies, CVS Technoports S.r.l. and CVS Service S.r.l. The remaining 20% of the two companies’ shares will remain in the ownership of the CVS Read More »

Jade Master Terminal prepares DCT Gdansk for Maersk Line

AJOT | November 12, 2008 | Ports & Terminals

Jade Software Corporation (Jade)’s terminal operating system, Jade Master Terminal, is playing a central role in readying Baltic port DCT Gdansk for a significant contract with Maersk Line, the world's largest container operator. Services with Maersk are Read More »

Le Havre Port 2000 2nd phase well underway

AJOT | November 12, 2008 | Ports & Terminals

Construction work for the 2nd phase of Port 2000 is in great progress on both sides of the terminals in operation. They involve the completion of six new quay berths that is 2,100 meters of additional quayside, completing the existing 1,400 meters: 1,750 Read More »

2008 retail container traffic lowest since 2004

AJOT | November 12, 2008 | Ports & Terminals

Cargo volume at the nation’s major retail container ports fell again in October, and 2008 is now expected to be the slowest year since 2004 as the downturn in the nation’s economy continues, according to the monthly Port Tracker report released today by t Read More »

First Gottwald cranes for Suriname and Paraguay

AJOT | November 12, 2008 | Ports & Terminals

Together with the Gottwald Mobile Harbor Cranes recently sold to Suriname and Paraguay, the first ever to these countries, the total number of Gottwald machines sold to Latin America now exceeds 120. Read More »

JAXPORT sets vehicle handling record

AJOT | November 09, 2008 | Ports & Terminals

Statistics compiled by the Jacksonville Port Authority (JAXPORT) show that JAXPORT tenants and customers handled a record 656,805 vehicles in fiscal year 2008, which ended Sept. 30, 2008. JAXPORT broke its own previous record of 615,030 vehicles handled i Read More »

South Carolina ports’ impact: $45 billion

AJOT | November 09, 2008 | Ports & Terminals

Seaport operations in Charleston and Georgetown facilitate 260,800 jobs across South Carolina and nearly $45 billion in economic activity annually, according to a new study released today by the S.C. State Ports Authority (SCSPA). Read More »

VeriTainer & Erudite to expand nuclear port security

AJOT | November 09, 2008 | Ports & Terminals

Erudite, Inc., a technology innovator in cargo security and counter-terrorism technology, and VeriTainer Corporation, the world leader in crane mounted maritime security solutions, announced today that they are teaming up to deploy Synchronous Vibrational Read More »

Rotterdam shows moderate growth in container throughput

AJOT | November 05, 2008 | Ports & Terminals

In the first nine months of 2008, container throughput in Rotterdam was six percent up, from 77.8 to 82.4 million tons. Incoming trade rose slightly more sharply than outgoing, by 6.9% to 40.8 million tons and 5.2% to 41.7 million tons respectively. Read More »

Vinyard appointed to JAXPORT Board of Directors

AJOT | November 05, 2008 | Ports & Terminals

Jacksonville Mayor John Peyton appointed local maritime executive Herschel Vinyard, Jr. to fill a vacancy on the seven-member board of the Jacksonville Port Authority (JAXPORT). The mayoral appointment must still be confirmed by the Jacksonville City Coun Read More »

APM Terminals tests new technology for container terminals

AJOT | November 05, 2008 | Ports & Terminals

Utilization of sophisticated software in conjunction with the latest geographic information system technology for a unified pavement management system could significantly alter container terminal operating and maintenance procedures worldwide. Read More »

Page 235 of 257 pages ‹ First  < 233 234 235 236 237 >  Last ›