AJOT Digital Edition
Issue #587

Cover of issue-587.png

Project Cargo / Heavy Lift Bi-Annial

South Carolina Ports

View Issue #587 Now!

2014 Media Kit
  • Share this article:

Konecranes acquires Indian WMI Cranes LTD.

By: | at 07:00 PM | Channel(s): Ports & Terminals  

Konecranes announced that it had entered into an agreement to acquire the Indian crane company WMI Cranes Ltd. (“WMI”). Konecranes has now received the required regulatory approvals, and WMI will be consolidated into Konecranes’ financial reporting from February 1, 2011. The acquisition is expected to be slightly EPS accretive in 2011.



Konecranes is acquiring WMI’s shares in two phases. In the first phase Konecranes acquired 51 percent of the shares for INR 1,690 million (EUR 28 million). In the second phase, estimated to take place later during 2011, Konecranes will purchase the remaining 49 percent of the shares. The sellers are entitled to a performance linked part of the purchase price and the total maximum price for 100 percent of the shares in WMI can amount to approximately INR 3,600 million (EUR 60 million).



The acquisition marks an important step in strengthening Konecranes’ position in the growing Indian crane market. In 2010, WMI’s net sales exceeded EUR 30 million and it has a strong order book to support further net sales growth in 2011.