Maersk Line recently took delivery of M/S Emma M’rsk built by Odense Steel Shipyard. The Emma M’rsk is the first in a new series of PS-class vessels and is one of the most environmentally friendly container vessels ever built. As part of Maersk Line’s fleet of modern container vessels, she will set new standards for global shipping, creating further opportunities for our customers.
Measuring 397 meters long and 56 meters wide, the Emma M’rsk is the world’s largest container vessel. The vessel is able to carry 11,000 twenty-foot containers (teu). Other features include:
- High-scale automation and complete monitoring by advanced computer systems. Therefore, the vessel can be operated by a crew of just 13
- Waste heat recovery system, reducing fuel consumption and emissions
- Protected fuel tanks located in the centre of the double hull
- Reduced solvent content paint and environmentally friendly silicone antifouling paint below the waterline reducing water resistance, and cutting the vessel’s fuel consumption by 1,200 tons per year 1,000 forty-foot equivalent (ffe) refrigerated container capacity
- Patented lashing system ensuring quick and safe lashing of deck containers
The Emma M’rsk will enter our worldwide service network on the AE1 (Europe - Far East) service. The vessel’s first port of call was Aarhus, Denmark.