Pacer International, Inc., a North American logistics and freight transportation provider, announced several key executive appointments that align with the company’s objective to significantly grow its intermodal services business with both its retail and wholesale customers.
“The organizational structure we are announcing today is the next logical step for Pacer. It reflects our core strategy of placing additional emphasis on our retail customer and door-to-door services,” said Michael E. Uremovich, chairman and CEO of Pacer International. “Pacer is committed to the success of all our customers, and we are confident in our ability to provide industry-leading intermodal services to both wholesale and retail customers today and in the future.”
As part of Pacer’s commitment to anticipate and exceed its customers’ transportation needs, the company has made the following appointments:
- Dan Avramovich, recently of Kansas City Southern and Exel Logistics, will join Pacer effective June 30, 2008 as president of retail intermodal services. His responsibilities will include all of the commercial and operating activities of our retail door-to-door intermodal product. Mr. Avramovich brings over 25 years of senior leadership experience with some of the industries’ leaders in transportation and logistics, including extensive experience in the intermodal sector. He will report to Don Orris, president, intermodal products.
- Adriene Bailey has been promoted to president of wholesale intermodal services. Her responsibilities will include all of the commercial and operating activities of our wholesale ramp-to-ramp and door-to-door intermodal products. Ms. Bailey’s transportation and logistics industry experience spans more than 20 years with leading rail and intermodal organizations, including over eight years in operational and commercial leadership roles with Pacer. She will also report to Don Orris.
- Val Noel, president of Pacer Cartage since 2004, has also been named EVP street operations with a focus on further improving customer pick-up and delivery service levels while increasing carrier capacity. Mr. Noel has more than 20 years of leadership experience delivering effective intermodal and trucking operations. He will report to Mr. Avramovich.
- Doug Matthew has been promoted to EVP network logistics. His responsibilities will include strategic pricing, and network and equipment management for all intermodal products. Mr. Matthew has been with Pacer for over 9 years, and brings a wealth of operations and analytical experience to his expanded role focused on balancing and optimizing our intermodal network. He will report jointly to Mr. Avramovich and Ms. Bailey.
- Brian Kane has been promoted to SVP corporate finance with responsibility for all finance and accounting functions, as well as the successful implementation of the SAP project and its related cost savings and customer functionality enhancements. Mr. Kane has held a number of key financial leadership roles at Pacer over the last 10 years and most recently led the retail intermodal operations team. He will report to Larry Yarberry, EVP and CFO.
Commenting on the new team, Uremovich added, “I am pleased and enthusiastic about these changes. The addition of Mr. Avramovich’s experienced leadership and the expanded roles of Ms. Bailey and Messrs. Noel, Matthew and Kane further strengthens our management team. I am confident that we have the right plan and the right people in place to deliver on our plan.”