The Committee’s Panel on 21st Century Freight Transportation, chaired by U.S. Rep. John J. Duncan, Jr. (R-TN), will hold a hearing Thursday to examine ways in which improvements to U.S. freight transportation can be funded. The Panel will receive testimony on various proposals on ways to raise new revenue and use existing revenue more wisely in the funding of freight infrastructure across the Nation.
The hearing, entitled “Funding the Nation’s Freight System,” is scheduled to begin at 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 10, 2013 in 2167 Rayburn House Office Building.
Witnesses invited to testify at the hearing:
· The Honorable Sean T. Connaughton, Secretary, Virginia Department of Transportation
· Leif Dormsjo, Deputy Secretary, Maryland Department of Transportation
· Robert D. Atkinson, President, Information Technology and Innovation Foundation
· Jack L. Schenendorf, Counsel, Covington & Burling, LLP
· David Seltzer, Principal, Mercator Advisors
The Panel on 21st Century Freight Transportation is a special panel of the Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure, and was established earlier this year specifically to make recommendations for the improvement of U.S. freight transportation.