Yusen Logistics announces the expansion of its operations in Russia, with the opening of an office at Togliatti.
Home to one of the world’s biggest automotive plant – the Renault Nissan AVTOVAZ assembly plant – with more than 86 miles of production lines and the capacity to produce over a million cars per annum, Togliatti is at the very heart of the Russian car industry.
The surrounding area is also of vital importance, with more than 800 first and second tier suppliers located within a 124-mile radius, including Ulyanovsk and Dimitrovgrad.
“We are seeing major increases in demand for high quality supply chain solutions for the automotive industry and this new office at Togliatti represents the next step in our development to serve this key sector,” says Dennis Pastukhov, Commercial Director, Yusen Logistics Russia.
Yusen Logistics is offering the following logistics services to the domestic automotive market in Russia:
• Road freight to and from Togliatti;
• Air freight services, including final mile solutions;
• Inland port bonded and non-bonded transit operations; and
• Cross docking and distribution services.
Yusen Logistics is also offering international line haul solutions including:
• Ocean freight forwarding via Novorossiysk, St. Petersburg, Nakhodka and the Baltic states including Finland;
• Air freight solutions via Moscow and the Samara region, centered on Kurumoch airport, 37 miles from Togliatti; and
• Road freight services via Moscow and Smolensk.
Main gateways to serve Togliatti are Moscow for internal flows and Novorossiysk, the Baltics and Finland for import traffic.
The new operation builds on Yusen Logistics’ current infrastructure in Russia, where the company operates 11 sites, including 322,917 square feet of warehousing, container sites and a fleet of trucks and container chassis.