Washington, D.C. - This Wednesday, the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee’s Aviation Subcommittee will hold a hearing to consider technological, legal, and policy issues related to the use and integration of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) in the national airspace system.
The hearing of the Aviation Subcommittee, chaired by U.S. Rep. Frank LoBiondo (R-NJ), is entitled, “Unmanned Aircraft Systems Integration: Emerging Uses in a Changing National Airspace.” The hearing is scheduled to begin at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, November 29, 2017, in 2167 Rayburn House Office Building.
Witnesses will include:
- Dr. Juan J. Alonso, Professor of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- Mr. William O. “Billy” Ball, Executive Vice President and Chief Transmission Officer, Southern Company
- Mr. William Goodwin, General Counsel, AirMap
- Mr. Brian Wynne, President and Chief Executive Officer, The Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International
- Mr. Daniel K. Elwell, Deputy Administrator, Federal Aviation Administration (Accompanied by: Mr. Earl Lawrence Director, Unmanned Aircraft Systems Integration Office, FAA)