WellDoc® and the Healthy Trucking Association of America Partner to Address Diabetes in Trucking Industry; WellDoc Unveils Its Consumer Diabetes Health App, BlueStar® C, at Mid-America Trucking Show

COLUMBIA, Md. and MONTGOMERY, Ala. - Digital health leader WellDoc® and the Healthy Trucking Association of America (HTAA) announced today their partnership to help truckers living with diabetes. Additionally, WellDoc unveils its consumer diabetes health app, BlueStar® C, which is designed to aid individuals living with diabetes to manage their chronic condition.

Both organizations, through this initial launch, will introduce BlueStar C to truckers and fleets at the Mid-America Trucking Show (MATS) in Louisville, Kentucky, which takes place from March 23-25. Renegade Radio Nashville (RRN) is also partnering with HTAA and WellDoc, as the national media partner for BlueStar C. RRN’s President and COO Jack Aponte (also known as on-air personality “Captain Jack”) will join the HTAA and WellDoc teams at the MATS Booth (#76 173) to help introduce BlueStar C to truckers and fleets in attendance at the meeting. Access to and set up for BlueStar C will be available at MATS for the trucking audience.

“We are proud to launch BlueStar C, our consumer version of BlueStar and the latest offering in our suite of products for managing diabetes, via our collaboration with HTAA,” said Kevin McRaith, CEO of WellDoc. “The trucking industry is facing a severe health crisis due to the prevalence of diabetes, and we are passionate about providing a solution to help individuals manage their diabetes. BlueStar C is geared for people like truckers, who lead hectic and busy lives. Our product can support them on their diabetes health journey.”

According to the National Survey of Long-Haul Truck Driver Health and Injury conducted by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), over two-thirds of respondents were obese (69 percent) and 17 percent were morbidly obese. Obesity increases the chance for type 2 diabetes, sleep apnea, heart disease, cancer, joint and back pain and stroke. The prevalence of diabetes among truck drivers was more than twice that of the general population (14 percent vs. 7 percent).

“Diabetes is an epidemic facing the trucking industry, and this charter project is top priority for HTAA,” said Bill Gordon, President & CEO of HTAA. “We are embarking on this significant partnership with WellDoc, a leader in developing digital health solutions for individuals living with chronic diseases, because our core mission is to provide truckers with solutions to help maintain their health and wellness. Diabetes and its related complications can disqualify drivers from receiving or maintaining their commercial driver’s license—ultimately taking away their livelihood. We believe BlueStar C will truly help truckers stay on track with their diabetes self-care, both on and off the road.”

WellDoc supports people living with diabetes with a suite of products. Its FDA-regulated platform, BlueStar and BlueStar Rx, was designed with clinical outcomes in mind. WellDoc’s digital therapeutic app supports the lifestyle changes and all medication regimens that people with diabetes are often prescribed. Additionally, the user data is summarized and shared with healthcare providers to assist in clinical decision-making. BlueStar C shares many of the same key features of BlueStar and BlueStar Rx, but with a distinct lifestyle focus that provides daily essential support for better self-care, health and wellness. Additionally BlueStar C helps users track and share their diabetes self-management data with their families, caregivers, and healthcare teams.

Truckers are encouraged to visit Booth #76 173 while at MATS to learn more about BlueStar C. Additionally, HTAA and WellDoc are meeting with representatives of fleets to share the benefits of providing BlueStar C to their drivers. Any fleets interested in speaking with HTAA and WellDoc should call WellDoc’s Vice President, Market Access – Client Solutions, Christina Hedge at: 410-627-9006.