Metalloinvest, a leading global iron ore and merchant HBI producer and supplier, and one of the regional producers of high-quality steel, today announces its operational results for the third quarter of 2017.
- In Q3 2017, the Company produced 10.0 mn tonnes of iron ore1, a reduction of 0.9% q-o-q2, largely as a result of scheduled maintenance works and a change in the ore mixture
- The Company produced 6.3 mn tonnes, an increase of 0.9% q-o-q, mostly due to a change in the pellet assortment in the production structure
- HBI/DRI production amounted to 1.7 mn tonnes, a decrease of 4.8% q-o-q, largely as a result of scheduled major maintenance works at HBI-1,2 at Lebedinsky GOK and technical re-equipping of DRI unit #2 at OEMK
- Hot metal output amounted to 0.7 mn tonnes, a decrease of 3.4% q-o-q, mainly due to maintenance works at Pig Iron Casting Machine #1 at Ural Steel
- The Company increased crude steel production by 6.7% to 1.2 mn tonnes, due to the completion of current scheduled maintenance works at OEMK in Q2 2017, as well as increased output at Continuous Casting Machine #1 at Ural Steel