Italian Project Cargo Network (PCN) members, W.I.S. have had a busy summer with many successful projects including the cargo photographed in the gallery below which was picked up from various origins in Northern Italy and shipped to South Korea.
The cargo was loaded at Venice Port for shipping to Busan. W.I.S. handled the following:
- Provision of road permits and suitable low-bed trailers for the collection of the OOG cargo;
- Pick-up of general cargo by tilt & flat-bed trailers;
- Complete handling;
- Storage until consolidation of all cargo was completed;
- Customs formalities;
- Pick-up of empty containers;
- Stuffing, blocking & bracing;
- Production of suitable wooden saddles to ensure a safe & sound voyage and delivery at the final destination;
- Lashing certification of cargo loaded on FR containers.
The shipment was sensitive and urgently needed at the destination and due to strict handling guidelines, all lifting and securing plans and procedures were required by the client. The whole loading process involved the use of heavy lifting equipment as well as special lashing and dunnage. W.I.S. ensured the client’s full satisfaction with their reliable services.
The OOG cargo was loaded onto 10 x 40’ and 20’ FRs with details including:
- 2 x 40’FR loading 9.13 x 2.20 x 2.21m - 22tns each
- 1 x 40’FR loading 9.75 x 3.90 x 3.39m - 12tns
- 1 x 40’FR loading 7.79 x 1.24 x 1.85m - 9.2tns
- 1 x 40’FR loading 4.84 x 2.07 x 2.67m - 3tns / 5.20 x 2.40 x 2.50m - 16.21tns
- 3 x 20’FR loading 5.20 x 2.40 x 2.50m - 16.21tns each
- Plus, general cargo loaded onto 6 x 40’DC