The project team at Wilhelmsen Ships Service (WSS) have recently handled the movement of a delicate teabag packaging machine plus it’s accessories in the UAE.
The scope of work included:
- Survey of the machine at its location inside the operational factory to recommend a transfer route for shifting, exit door, loading ramps, the truck route to the Wilhelmsen warehouse, offloading ramp, and the storage & packing location in the warehouse;
- Liaising with the factory’s HSSE, technical and production teams, shifting crew and transportation team to shift the machine safely within the allotted time;
- Shifting the machine using pallet trolleys, caster rollers & supporting beams;
- Receiving the machine from the factory loading ramp, transporting the machine to the Wilhelmsen warehouse and offloading using a hydraulic truck;
- Shifting the machine to the warehouse packing location and performing the packing & crating;
- Liaising with customs authorities for processing Free Zone transit out Bill of Entry;
- Loading the packed machine & accessories on a cross-border truck;
- Processing Free Zone transit out export documentation along with Certificate of Origin;
- Processing customs & Criminal Investigation Department inspection and clearance.