OAK BROOK, IL – CenterPoint Properties, a market leader in industrial development, asset management and investment services, announced earning LEED Silver for speculative development project located at 2226 Roth Road in Manteca, CA.The 39.23-acre site is adjacent to the Union Pacific Intermodal and is located within two miles of I-5 and California State Route 99. The building is 10 miles from the Port of Stockton and 65 miles from the Port of Oakland. Facility features include 36’ clear height, 100 exterior docks, 277 car parking positions and 310 trailer parking positions.
The 551,575 SF building is 100 percent leased. Additionally, the facility will undergo a 278,700 SF expansion for warehouse and parking, with completion scheduled for 2019.
CenterPoint Properties designed and constructed the project to meet U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) LEED certification requirements.
The LEED strategies incorporated within the facility included:
- Solar-Ready roof installation
- High-efficiency LED interior and exterior lighting
- Enhanced HVAC controls
- Efficient building envelope
- Erosion and Sedimentation Control (ESC) and Stormwater Pollution Prevention (SWPPP) measures, reducing stormwater runoff and sedimentation of local waterways
- Preferred parking for low emitting and fuel efficient vehicles
- Improved quality of stormwater runoff
- Reduced heat island effect through installation of reflective roof membrane
- Drought-tolerant landscaping and high-efficiency irrigation and controls
- High efficiency plumbing fixtures
- Completed fundamental commissioning to ensure proper design, installation, and operation of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and irrigation systems and controls
- Purchased Renewable Energy Credits (RECs) to offset 50% of the facility’s estimated energy use
- Improved indoor air quality through increased ventilation
- Implemented a construction Indoor Air Quality Management Plan
- Sourced low-emitting construction materials and finishes
The project achieved:
- 53% energy cost savings
- 39% reduction in potable water use
- 30% recycled content in building materials
- 26% of building materials from regional sources
- 73% of construction waste diverted from landfill
“We are proud of this new development and delivering the state-of-the-art facility at CenterPoint Intermodal Center – Manteca, proving our commitment to the thriving Central Valley and West Coast industrial markets,” said William Lu, Senior Vice President of Development at CenterPoint. “CenterPoint Properties is proud to develop LEED facilities that not only deliver logistic advantages, but also demonstrate our commitment to a sustainable future,” stated Elena Daniel, Vice President, ESG & Corporate Affairs at CenterPoint.
The LEED rating system, developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), is the foremost program for buildings, homes and communities that are designed, constructed, maintained and operated for improved environmental and human health performance.