AJOT | August 18, 2022 | Maritime | Breakbulk News | Ports & Terminals | Equipment and Tech
Today, the Port of South Louisiana officially dedicated and named its two Konecranes Gottwald Model 6 Portal Harbor Cranes for its public facility, the Globalplex Intermodal Terminal Dock along the Mississippi River. These cranes have increased the Port’s capacity for handling bulk materials and will allow for the handling of containers and project cargo.
The Port of Long Beach on Wednesday welcomed Pasha Hawaii’s MV George III, the first container ship powered by liquefied natural gas to refuel on the West Coast. The ship’s LNG-powered engines are dramatically cleaner than those of a traditional cargo ship.
The CMA CGM Group, a global player in sea, land, air and logistics solutions, in partnership with Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution deployed a second acoustic monitoring buoy, aptly named CMA CGM Sea Guardian-Savannah, 39 miles off the coast of Savannah, Ga. The first was launched off the coast of Norfolk, Va., last month. The buoys are designed to increase North Atlantic right whale detection efforts along this heavily trafficked route and will thus help protect the critically endangered species.
AJOT | August 18, 2022 | Maritime | Liner Shipping
• Average container prices halved from August 2021; leasing rates decline by 17% from June to July this year
• China to Canada one-way leasing rates decline at the highest rate by 49 per cent as compared to China to any other country
Stas Margaronis | August 17, 2022 | Maritime | Technology | Energy | Alternative
Oslo, Norway-based MPC Container Ships (MPCCS) has announced that it is partnering with North Sea Container Line (NCL) and materials producer Elkem on an order for two 1,300 TEU ‘carbon neutral’ methanol powered container ships.
AJOT | August 17, 2022 | Maritime | Liner Shipping
• Recorded Q2 2022 net income of $1.34 billion; continued to deliver very strong operating margins
• Reaffirmed 2022 full year guidance: Expect to generate record adjusted EBITDA of $7.8-$8.2 billion and adjusted EBIT of $6.3-$6.7 billion
• Increased quarterly dividend payout to 30% of net income; declared Q2 2022 dividend of approximately $571 million, or of $4.75 per share
AJOT | August 17, 2022 | Project / Heavy Lift | Maritime Project | Maritime | Technology | Energy | Alternative
Steerprop, a leading designer and manufacturer of high-performance propulsion systems has been awarded a major order to supply the complete propulsion package for a state-of-the-art Wind Installation Vessel (WIV). The order builds upon Steerprop’s extensive support and successful track record in delivering fit-for-purpose solutions to the offshore renewables sector.