Document Security Systems, Inc., a leader in anti-counterfeit, authentication, and diversion protection technologies, announced today the release of a new mobile application as part of the DSS Authentiguard™ solution. The application is designed to assist corporate brand investigators with intelligence gathering with an easy-to-deploy tool which can immediately be used by untrained personnel.
The Brand Protection App for both Android and iOS smartphones has been engineered to provide a full range of capabilities to empower investigations into product fraud incidents. The app is capable of quickly and easily authenticating product in the field; as well as retrieval of product origin, movement, destination and other supply chain related inquiries; track and trace functions in conjunction with serialization; and can consolidate the aggregated product information within an encrypted, secure database.
“Product fraud has become a problem that is global in scope,” said Mike Tobin, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at DSS. “Sending an investigator to each and every potential breach is not scalable. Our brand protection app allows investigators to deploy an app to local supply chain personnel who can gather information with little training. Corporate Investigators then have immediate access to the data so they can analyze the threat,” added Tobin.
Initially, the Brand Protection App offers these capabilities:
▪ Organize, collect and store intelligence within individually-created investigation case file
▪ Scan DSS Authentiguard mark to authenticate product
▪ Ability to scan 2D and data matrix codes used for serialization
▪ Optical character recognition (OCR) to capture additional hidden information on target packages
▪ Allows investigators to take and store additional product photos, information and field notes for each specific brand protection investigation case
▪ Easy accessibility of historical information from previous investigations
▪ Advanced search capabilities include searching by supply chain location to pinpoint abuse or an illegal/counterfeit event, as well as access past authentication violations from any given location
▪ Heat-mapping capabilities to identify geographic areas with high rate of incidents
▪ Supports multiple languages including English, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Mandarin, Cantonese, Arabic & others
The integrity of a supply chain is crucial to protecting a company’s brand and future revenue. Massive growth in counterfeit goods has hampered a brand’s ability to respond. As a result, there are plenty of opportunities for counterfeit goods and product diversion to go unchecked. The DSS Brand Protection App was designed to provide valuable intelligence gathering capability without the need for advanced training. Using the app, investigators can delegate information gathering to personnel throughout the supply chain without ever needing to share confidential information.