DT301T Tablets Deliver Superior Durability and Reliability for Nationwide Intermodal Logistics Company
SAN JOSE, Calif. - DT Research, the world’s leading designer and manufacturer of purpose-built computing solutions for vertical markets, today announced that IMC Companies, a nationwide leader in intermodal logistics and the largest marine drayage provider in the U.S., relies on DT301T rugged tablets for backend transportation system management and container maintenance coordination within IMC Companies yards. IMC Companies selected DT Research’s DT301T rugged tablets based on the superior durability, reliability, sunlight readable and cost-effectiveness of the units, which is made possible through DT Research’s unique purpose-built design.
With over 50 locations nationwide, IMC Companies is the nation’s largest marine drayage provider with an integrated network of smart depots. IMC Companies uses the DT301T tablets to track, maintain and repair containers and chassis moving in and out of the company’s integrated network of logistics businesses, which provide an array of services including container drayage, expedited services, customs brokerage, truck brokerage, freight forwarding, warehousing, chassis provisioning and secured container storage.
“The DT Research rugged tablets have all the features we need, along with the durability necessary to stand up in our rough environment,” said Robert Spiecha, Director of IT, Engineering and Operations at IMC Companies. “We tried other tablets, but found ourselves continually fixing broken attachments, dealing with dead batteries and frustrated with poor wireless communication capabilities. We have found the DT301T tablets to be much more durable with better WiFi and the hot-swappable batteries ensure we never have a dead tablet. We are so impressed with DT Research’s tablets, we plan to standardize on them with handhelds and vehicle mounted devices throughout the business.”
The DT301T tablets provide IMC Companies with the industry’s only purpose-built rugged tablets with hot-swappable batteries, which allows the tablets to remain working while batteries are changed and eliminate downtime. The DT301T rugged tablets are military-grade with an IP65 rating, yet lightweight - offering the versatility to be used in the field and in vehicles as well as in office environments. In addition, the tablets have a brilliant sunlight-readable screen with capacitive touch, which makes outdoor use in direct sunlight possible.
“We are pleased to see IMC Companies benefit from our highly durable tablets that have proven to increase productivity in a variety of environments,” said Daw Tsai Sc.D., president of DT Research. “We remain dedicated to designing rugged tablets that meet the specific needs of workers within industrial and harsh environments through durable mobile solutions with unparalleled reliability and feature sets.”
The DT301T tablets include the following features and capabilities:
- Military Standards – For use in harsh environments, the tablet is fully ruggedized to meet the highest durability standards with an IP65 rating, MIL-STD-810G for vibration and shock resistance and MIL-STD-461F for EMI and EMC tolerance.
- High Capacity Hot-Swappable Battery Pack – Delivers 60 or 90 watts for up to 15 hours of continuous mobile communications.
- High Performance CPU and Windows OS – Intel® 6th Generation Core i5 or i7 processor with Microsoft Windows® 7 Professional or Windows® 10 IoT Enterprise. Units come with either 8 GB or 16 GB of RAM.
- Superior Wireless Connectivity – Long Range Class 1 Bluetooth powers connectivity up to 1,000 feet and 4G mobile broadband for LTE, HESPA+, GSM/GPRS/EDGE, EV-DO, Rev A and 1xRTT.
- Brilliant Sunlight-readable Display – A 10.1 inch LED-backlight, sunlight-readable screen with capacitive touch and 1920 x 1200 resolution.
- Superior Storage – For ideal field data collecting, the tablet can store up to 1 Terabyte of data.
- Accessories - The DT301T Rugged RTK Tablet is complemented by a variety of accessories, including: external antennas, pole mount cradles, detachable keyboards, battery charging kits, and digital pens.