Looking at MOL from Press Release Access Rankings
TOKYO - Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. (MOL; President & CEO: Junichiro Ikeda) today announced access rankings for its news releases during 2018, divided into three themes.
To offer “Stress-Free Services”
In April, MOL established the Corporate Marketing Division to value the emerging Needs and Seeds of the market, and the Technology Innovation Unit to promote open, innovation-oriented development of new technologies and more effectively use and apply information and communication technology (ICT) in its constant quest to “offer stress-free services” to customers worldwide. As a result, in the “Senpaku-ISHIN NEXT” project, MOL cooperated with various partners and made great strides toward enhancement of safe operation, reduction of the MOL Group’s environmental impact, and realization of autonomous sailing. News releases related to this field had the highest number of hits online.
- Launching of the "FOCUS" Project - Collaborative Innovation Transcending Business Categories; ICT-based, Data-driven Project Aims at Safer Operation and Cleaner Environment
- MOL, KHI to Jointly Develop Technologies that Enhance Vessel Reliability and Energy-saving Operation by Vessel Steering Gear with New Sensing Capability and Big Data Analysis - Aims to Develop Intelligence Function Equipped Steering Gear
- MOL to Join Research on Advanced Navigation Support System Leading to Automatic Collision Avoidance Function - Further Initiatives to Realize Future Autonomous Ships
- Virtual Visits Now Available on Next-generation VLCC - Safely Visit a Ship Carrying Dangerous Goods with 'Vessel View VR'
- MOL Plans to Install Voyage Information Display System Using AR Technology on VLCC subsequently to Car Carrier - Supporting Ship Operation and Watch-keeping to Enhance Safety
- The Challenge of Autonomous Ships in the Future - MOL Conducts Onboard Test of New Technology with Rolls Royce -Joint Research of Intelligence Awareness System Using a Ferry Plying the Seto Inland Sea
- MOL Consolidation Service Succeeds with Trial of Remote Container Tracking Management Device -Applying Advanced Technology for Real-time Cargo Information-
- MOL Announces Plan for Trial Introduction of Energy-saving Operation Analysis Service on 80 Bulkcarriers - Aiming to Reduce Environmental Impact by Optimizing Propulsion Performance
Business of “highest competitiveness”
In the individual projects, news releases on the ice-breaking LNG carrier, which can sail independently on the Artic Sea Route, and the “FLEXIE” series of next-generation car carriers, which earned a Good Design Award in Japan this year topped the ranks. As the company works to ensure stress-free services, news about businesses that can leverage MOL’s ship engineering capabilities and technology development, drew considerable attention.
Ice-breaking LNG carrier
- Yamal LNG Project Ice-Breaking LNG Carrier "Vladimir Rusanov" Completes First Eastern Transit via the Northern Sea Route, heading to East Asia
- Ice-Breaking LNG Carrier "Vladimir Rusanov" first call ceremony at PetroChina LNG Jiangsu Terminal
- MOL to Participate in Construction, Ownership, Operation of FSRU for Jawa 1 Gas-Fired IPP Project in Indonesia - Leveraging Know-how in Asia’s 1st Gas-to-Power Project using FSRU
- Uniper SE and Mitsui O.S.K. Lines enter into agreement on FSRU project in Wilhelmshaven, Germany, and one additional LNG transportation agreement
- Announcing Delivery of the Beluga Ace, 1st Next-generation FLEXIE Series Car Carrier - Cutting-edge, Newly Designed Car Carrier Equipped with 6 Liftable Decks
- MOL's Next-generation Car Carrier FLEXIE Series Wins Good Design Award 2018 -Favorable Reviews Call it an Amazing Realization of New and Unconventional Innovation
Towards a“Society with Sustainable Growth”
MOL has continuously promoted its activities to achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and move toward a “society that can grow sustainably.” Releases on these topics also received a large number of hits, as the investment community has intensified its focus on Environment, Society, and Governance (ESG) issues.
- LNG-fueled Tugboat Named Ishin -Earns Highest 4-star for Coastal Ship Energy Conservation Rating
- MOL to Issue Japan's 1st Green Bonds Aimed at Individual Investors "MOL Blue Ocean Environmental Bonds"
- Inauguration Ceremony Marks Opening of MOL Magsaysay Maritime Academy -700 guests on hand, including Philippine government officials
- MOL Hosts Tour of Cutting-edge Car Carrier on Marine Day -360 Students and Families Visit
- Japan's National Wheelchair Rugby Team Captures 1st Title in GIO 2018 IWRF World Championship - MOL Employee Is a Member
- MOL to Enhance Initiatives on Global Warming - Supporting, and Active Participation in the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures, Japan Climate Initiative, Ministry of Environment "COOL CHOICE" National Movement
Finally, the following are 2018 releases that will see rising interest even in 2019.
- Notice of Business Commencement of Ocean Network Express
- MOL expands its NVOCC business with the unified brand "MOL Worldwide Logistics"
- Haiphong International Container Terminal (HICT) Opens in Lach Huyen, Vietnam -Contributing to Economic Growth with 1st Deepwater Terminal in Northern Vietnam that Can Accommodate Today's Large Containerships
- MOL to Make Full-scale Move into Subsea Support Vessel Business by Acquiring Stake in AKOFS of Norway
- SEA-Tank Terminal Antwerp NV and MOL Chemical Tankers joined forces in a joint venture named SEA-MOL NV
- Notice Concerning Capital and Business Alliance between MOL and NCC
- Launch of the new Sunflower Kirishima- Providing a More Comfortable "casual cruises" Experience
As the company enters a new year, 2019 will be another year that we will work towards improving our customers corporate value.