- The solution is deployed after a pilot phase
- A connected device offering unique traceability: location, temperature, shocks and doors opening
- A tool serving the client’s Supply Chain optimization
- TRAXENS by CMA CGM: a successful co-development between an international group and a French start-up
As part of its Customer Centricity strategy, CMA CGM Group, a leading worldwide shipping group, announced the commercialization of a connected containers offer: TRAXENS by CMA CGM.
As the first company to have invested in TRAXENS, thus participating in its development, CMA CGM has led various and numerous tests of this French start-up’s unique solution. Today, the Group has decided to deploy it at a larger scale and to make it available to all CMA CGM customers.
An optimized management at each step of the transport
TRAXENS by CMA CGM is a connected box fixed on the container allowing to measure:
- Containers’ position, anywhere whether is it at sea or on land
- The intensity of potential shocks
- Outside temperature variations – and soon humidity and temperature inside the container,
- Doors opening and closing
Thanks to its near-real-time alert system, the Group’s clients can efficiently track their merchandise and thus be more reactive at each step of the transport. The management of the supply chain is eased through an online intuitive and user-friendly interface updated in real time.
A personalized support service adapted to customers’ needs
In order to enable the supply chain’s optimization, TRAXENS by CMA CGM can come with a complete diagnostic offer. In addition to the transferred data, a project team follows and supports the customers in analyzing their data. Businesses opting for TRAXENS by CMA CGM will thus be able to identify logistical difficulties and implement concrete solutions to optimize costs and security.
Through this innovative solution, CMA CGM reaffirms the importance of Customer Centricity in its strategy, translating its willingness to build innovative solutions for its customers.
Mathieu Friedberg, Senior Vice-President Commercial and Agency Network, declared: “CMA CGM reaffirms its Customer Centricity Strategy by offering this innovative solution. With nearly 19 million containers carried in 2017, the generalization of smart containers in the Group’s fleet will allow to collect and analyze a lot of information necessary to improve the service offered to customers and will help them optimize their supply chain.”