WASHINGTON, D.C. – The Intelligent Transportation Society of America (ITSA) announced Friday the election of Officers for 2018, and welcomed six new Directors.
Carlos Braceras, P.E., Executive Director for Utah Department of Transportation, has been named Chairman of the ITS America Board of Directors. A native of New Jersey, Braceras began his career at UDOT in 1986, ascending in 2001 to Deputy Director and Chief Engineer. He was appointed acting director in May 2013. As Director, he helps shape UDOT's strategic direction and mission of deploying transportation solutions to strengthen Utah's economy and quality of life. Braceras also serves as AASHTO Executive Committee Vice President.
In addition to Braceras, ITS America officers appointed include:
- Vice Chair: Gary Smyth, Executive Director Global Research & Development, General Motors Corporation
- Treasurer: Pat McGowan, Vice President of Business Development, Serco
- Secretary: Steve Dellenback, Vice President Research & Development, Southwest Research Institute
ITS America also announced six new members of its Board of Directors:
- Chris Bax, Vice President ITS Global Strategy, Cubic
- Tom West, Director, California PATH UC Berkeley
- Leslie Richards, Executive Director, Pennsylvania Department of Transportation.
- Christina Mullen, Director of Technology & Strategic Resources, State Farm Insurance
- Greg Winfree, Agency Director, Texas A&M Transportation Institute (TTI)
- Andy Fremier, Deputy Executive Director, Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC)
“ITS America’s 2018 Board of Directors will provide valuable industry insights. Their leadership will help drive the board’s strategic initiatives, and mission to save lives through the development and deployment of ITS technologies” said Braceras. “I am honored to work alongside this distinguished group of individuals who share my passion for creating a safer future in transportation.”