The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has awarded more than $5 million in grant funding to five airports in North Alabama, Congressman Dale W. Strong (AL-05) announced Wednesday.
The Fiscal Year (FY) 2024 grants were administered through the Airport Infrastructure Grant (AIG) program and funded by the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA).
In announcing the grant awards, Congressman Strong stated the following:
“The FAA’s investment in North Alabama’s airport infrastructure will support economic development efforts across our region,” said Congressman Strong. “This funding will further ensure the Tennessee Valley has reliable means of air travel and our industry can efficiently move goods to market. As your member of Congress, I am always proud to see our hard-earned tax dollars returned back home.”
AIG program awards, totaling $5,050,568 to North Alabama airports, as follows:
- Huntsville International Airport – Carl T. Jones Field: $4,174,568
- Pryor Field Regional Airport (Decatur): $294,000
- Huntsville Executive Airport – Tom Sharp Jr. Field: $294,000
- Hartselle-Morgan County Regional Airport: $144,000
- Scottsboro Municipal Airport – Word Field: $144,000