The U.S. Coast Guard Captain of the Port has notified Port Everglades that Hurricane Port Condition X-RAY has been set for Hurricane Irma as of noon today, September 7, with the expected onset of gale force winds (39 - 54 mph) within 48 hours. Given the current storm track, the USCG Captain of the Port projects setting of the following conditions at the times noted below.
- YANKEE at 8AM, Friday, September 8, 2017
- ZULU at 8PM, Friday, September 8, 2017
Preparations to be addressed at this time and completed for Port Condition X-RAY are:
- Vessels and terminal operators should prepare to terminate all ship-to-shore cargo transactions before the setting of Port Condition Yankee.
- Container stacking heights should be reduced to four or less and two or less if they contain hazardous material.
The above times/dates are subject to change. The official Marine Safety Information Bulletin (MSIB) can be found:
- USCG Homeport website at homeport.uscg.mil in the Miami section of the Port Directory
- Port Everglades Weather Alerts webpage at porteverglades.net/about-us/weather